Media Coverage of the Elections – LADE
The Lebanese Association of Democratic Elections (LADE) had the following violation of interest in their report published yesterday:
8. The following television stations were observed:
TL, NBN, NTV, MTV, Future News, LBCI, Manar, ANB
During LADE’s observation of the audiovisual media outlets, the following
- Preliminarily claiming victory for one group.
- Bias of reporters during media coverage.
- Broadcasting electoral statements by male and female candidates.
- Broadcasting electoral advertisements.
- Broadcasting opinion polls.
Where was OTV? That needed a whole report on its own, weeks before the election.
I remember even LBC proudly claiming to be the first to have said that March14 won the majority. That’s a violation by LADE. They also experimented with Augmented Reality graphs and figures on Election Night as the results came in.
Filed under: Lebanese Elections 2009, Lebanese Media, Strictly Lebanese | Leave a Comment
Tags: Election night, Lebanese Media